Rabobank is a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Utrecht, Netherlands.
The group comprises 89 local Dutch Rabobanks (2019), a central organisation (Rabobank Nederland), and many specialised international offices and subsidiaries.
Food and agribusiness constitute the primary international focus of the Rabobank Group. Rabobank is the second-largest bank in the Netherlands in terms of total assets.
What is the legal name of Rabobank?
The legal name of Rabobank is Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A., with its registered office in Amsterdam and registered with the Chamber of Commerce in Utrecht (registration number 30046259).
Rabobank is one of the trade names. All local Rabobanks (a division of Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A.) have their own trade names.
Why is Rabobank’s legal name different from its trade name?
Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A. is a cooperative bank, which means that it is owned by its members, who are also its customers. This legal structure gives Rabobank a number of advantages, including:
- It allows Rabobank to be more focused on the long-term interests of its customers and members, rather than the short-term interests of shareholders.
- It allows Rabobank to be more resistant to takeovers and other forms of external pressure.
- It allows Rabobank to be more responsive to the needs of its local communities.
What are the benefits of banking with a cooperative bank?
There are a number of benefits to banking with a cooperative bank, including:
- Cooperative banks are typically more focused on customer service than traditional banks.
- Cooperative banks are typically more willing to offer innovative products and services.
- Cooperative banks are typically more committed to social responsibility.
Rabobank is a cooperative bank with a strong commitment to its customers and its communities. The legal name of Rabobank is Coöperatieve Rabobank U.A., which reflects its cooperative structure.
There are a number of benefits to banking with a cooperative bank, including better customer service, more innovative products and services, and a greater commitment to social responsibility.