Have you ever made a bank transfer and then regretted it? If so, you’re not alone. Many people make mistakes when transferring money, and it can be frustrating to know that you can’t undo the transfer once it’s been made.
Fortunately, there is some good news. It is possible to cancel an ASB Bank transfer, but it depends on the status of the transfer and how much time has passed since you made it.
Can you cancel a pending transfer?
A pending transfer is a transfer that has been initiated but has not yet been processed by the bank.
If you make a pending transfer and then decide to cancel it, you can do so by contacting ASB Bank customer service.
Can you cancel a processed transfer?
A processed transfer is a transfer that has been completed and cannot be canceled by ASB Bank.
However, you may be able to get the recipient to refund the money to you. If you are unable to get a refund from the recipient, you may need to file a dispute with your bank.
How to cancel an ASB Bank transfer
To cancel an ASB Bank transfer, you can:
- Log in to your ASB Bank internet banking account.
- Go to Payments > Transfers.
- Find the transfer that you want to cancel and click Cancel.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the cancellation process.
If you are unable to cancel the transfer yourself, you can contact ASB Bank customer service for assistance.
Things to check before making a bank transfer
Here are a few tips to help you avoid making mistakes when transferring money:
- Double-check the recipient’s account number and name before you make the transfer.
- Make sure that you are transferring the correct amount of money.
- If you are transferring money to an international account, make sure that you have the correct SWIFT code.
- Review the transfer details before you submit the transfer.
It is possible to cancel an ASB Bank transfer, but it depends on the status of the transfer and how much time has passed since you made it.
If you need to cancel a transfer, you can contact ASB Bank customer service for assistance.