If you’re calling ASB Bank from overseas, there are a few things you need to do to make sure your call goes through smoothly. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Check the time difference
New Zealand is 12 hours ahead of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). So, if you’re calling from New York City, which is UTC-5, you’ll need to call between 7pm and 5am New Zealand time.
2. Find the international call prefix
Most countries have a special prefix that you need to dial to make international calls. In the United States, the international call prefix is 011.
In the United Kingdom, it’s 00. You can find a list of international call prefixes for different countries online or in your phone book.
3. Dial the ASB Bank international phone number
The ASB Bank international phone number is +64 9 306 3000. To dial this number from the United States, you would dial 011 64 9 306 3000.
4. Be prepared to wait
International calls can sometimes take longer to connect than domestic calls. So, be prepared to wait a few minutes for your call to go through.
5. Provide your account information
When you reach ASB Bank, you’ll need to provide your account information so that they can verify your identity. This may include your account number, customer number, or PIN.
6. Be clear and concise
When you’re speaking to the ASB Bank representative, be clear and concise about what you need. This will help to ensure that your call is resolved quickly and efficiently.
Here are a few more details that might be useful in calling ASB Bank from overseas:
- Use a landline phone if possible. Landline phones tend to have better call quality than cell phones.
- Avoid calling during peak times. Peak times for international calls are typically during the morning and evening rush hours.
- If you’re having trouble connecting, try calling again later. Sometimes, international calls can be dropped due to technical problems.
- If you’re still having trouble connecting, you can contact ASB Bank customer service for assistance.