Bank of Baroda (BOB) is one of the leading public sector banks in India, offering a wide range of banking products and services to its customers, including credit cards.
BOB credit cards are known for their attractive features and benefits, such as rewards points, cashback, and discounts.
If you have applied for a BOB credit card, you may be wondering about the status of your application.
This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about BOB credit card status, including how to track it and what to do if your application is rejected.
Tracking the status of your Bank Of Baroda credit card application
There are two ways to track the status of your BOB credit card application:
- Online: You can track the status of your application online by visiting the BOB website and logging in to your BOB Net Banking account. Once you are logged in, click on the “Credit Cards” tab and then on the “Track Application Status” link.
- Customer care: You can also call BOB customer care at 1800-258-4455 to check the status of your application.
What to do if your BOB credit card application is rejected
If your BOB credit card application is rejected, there are a few things you can do:
- Review the rejection reason: BOB will provide you with a reason for rejecting your application. Review the reason carefully and see if there is anything you can do to address it. For example, if your application was rejected because of a low credit score, you can try to improve your credit score before applying again.
- Re-apply: Once you have addressed the reason for the rejection, you can re-apply for a BOB credit card. You can re-apply online or by visiting a BOB branch.
- Contact BOB customer care: If you are still having trouble getting a BOB credit card, you can contact BOB customer care for assistance.
If you have applied for a BOB credit card, you can track the status of your application online or by calling BOB customer care.
If your application is rejected, you can try to address the reason for the rejection and re-apply. You can also contact BOB customer care for assistance.