ASB Bank is one of the largest banks in New Zealand, and it is a popular employer for many people. If you are preparing for an interview with ASB Bank, it is important to be familiar with the types of questions that you may be asked.
In this article, we will provide you with a list of common ASB Bank interview questions, as well as tips on how to answer them effectively.
Behavioral interview questions
Behavioral interview questions are designed to assess your skills and experience in the context of real-world situations. ASB Bank is likely to ask you a number of behavioral interview questions, such as:
- Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond to meet a customer’s needs.
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.
- How do you handle pressure and stress?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work and how you handled it.
- Give me an example of a time when you had to work with a team to achieve a goal.
When answering behavioral interview questions, it is important to be specific and to provide examples from your own experience.
Technical interview questions
In addition to behavioral interview questions, ASB Bank may also ask you some technical interview questions. These questions are designed to assess your knowledge of banking and finance.
The specific technical interview questions that you are asked will vary depending on the role you are interviewing for. However, some common questions include:
- What are the different types of bank accounts?
- How do you calculate interest on a loan?
- What are the different types of risk that banks face?
- How do banks manage their risk?
- What are the current trends in the banking industry?
When answering technical interview questions, it is important to be accurate and to demonstrate your understanding of banking and finance.
General interview questions
In addition to behavioral and technical interview questions, ASB Bank may also ask you some general interview questions.
These questions are designed to get to know you better and to assess your fit for the role and the company.
Some common general interview questions include:
- Why do you want to work for ASB Bank?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have any questions for me?
When answering general interview questions, be honest and genuine. Be sure to highlight your skills and experience, and explain how you would be a valuable asset to ASB Bank.