ASB Bank account verification is the process by which ASB Bank confirms the identity of its customers and the ownership of their accounts.
This is an important process to help protect customers from fraud and to comply with anti-money laundering regulations.
Why do I need to verify my ASB Bank account?
You may need to verify your ASB Bank account for a number of reasons, such as:
- When you open a new account
- When you apply for a loan or credit card
- When you make a large transaction
- When you update your personal details
- If ASB Bank suspects suspicious activity on your account
How can I verify my ASB Bank account?
There are a few different ways to verify your ASB Bank account:
- Online: You can verify your account online using the ASB ID app. The ASB ID app uses your phone’s NFC reader to scan your passport’s embedded chip and takes a selfie of you.
- In branch: You can verify your account in branch by showing your passport or driver’s licence and another form of ID, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
- By mail: You can verify your account by mail by sending ASB Bank a copy of your passport or driver’s licence and another form of ID.
What information will ASB Bank ask me for when verifying my account?
ASB Bank may ask you for the following information when verifying your account:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- Your passport number or driver’s licence number
- Another form of ID, such as a utility bill or bank statement
How long does it take to verify my ASB Bank account?
The time it takes to verify your ASB Bank account will vary depending on the verification method you choose.
If you verify your account online or in branch, the verification process should be completed immediately. If you verify your account by mail, the verification process may take up to a few days.
If you have any questions about verifying your ASB Bank account, you can contact ASB Bank customer service on 00 64 9 306 3000.